Salmon with Basil Oil

I've never been able to make salmon to my liking. Maybe this one will work.

4 6-oz salmon fillets, skin removed
1 tsp kosher salt
2 cups fresh basil leaves
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp black pepper

Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Fill a bowl half-way with ice water. Set broiler on high. Place the salmon on a foil-lined pan and season with 1/4 tsp of the salt. Cook, without turning, until the salmon is the same color throughout and flakes easily, 7-10 minutes, depending on thickness. Set aside. Meanwhile, add the basil to the pot and cook for 5 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the basil to the ice water. Drain and squeeze to remove the excess water. Place on a paper towel and pat dry. Place the basil, oil, pepper, and the remaining salt in a blender and puree until smooth. Transfer the salmon to individual plates and drizzle with the basil oil

1 comment:

M Griffin said...

I wish I liked Salmon cooked but I just don't. I love it raw or smoked but once it is cooked I don't care for the flavor. I think I want to like it because it is always on the menu and when other people get it, it looks pretty. I taste it and then remember why I don't like it.